Are you a speech pathologist? ✅
Care about the lack of access to this service for kids in rural Australia? ✅
Want to work from the comfort of your own home in your pyjamas? ✅
We're looking for you!
We are a social enterprise created to solve a huge problem – the lack of speech pathology in rural parts of Australia. We also know that there are plenty of new graduates coming out of university and parents who can’t leave the home to work in a clinic.
We match a clinician in a city to a family in the bush to deliver therapy online. Umbo is creating person-centred, evidence-based practice, while also gamifying the experience of speech and occupational therapy.
Through working with schools, local providers and other referrers, we’ve reached a group of families in Western NSW who are seeking speech and occupational therapy.
You will be amongst the first cohort of clinicians working with Umbo, to provide therapy to these families online.
We’re looking for therapists who align with our values of leadership, fun, respect and creativity. We don’t need you to have done online therapy before (the reality is very few have). We don’t need you to have the most letters after your name, or have done the most professional development courses.
We need you to be as passionate about this issue as we are. We need you to want to learn, and maintain high quality services.
As a casual employee, the hourly rate range is from $40 to $70 per session, commensurate upon experience.
You will be responsible for your tax, professional indemnity insurance (minimum coverage $5 million), equipment, and incurred expenses. You’ll need APHRA certification. To maintain consistency and quality, we want you to commit to a minimum of 18 months.
In addition, we can offer:
- A chance to influence the direction of a new and exciting initiative
- We’ll take away the NDIS pain for you!
- The ability to set your own hours, and work from any location with a decent internet connection (no NBN jokes please)
- Quarterly goal setting, including professional development
- Opportunities to participate in and facilitate internal training activities (we’d like to learn how to Zumba, for example)
- An opportunity to work with a small team of dedicated and passionate social impact people, who have a range of skills, experience and knowledge... and also happen to be really lovely people (post-morning coffee).
- You must have a residential address here in Australia.
This position is available immediately.
The position description can be found here.
To express interest in the role, please send your application to email@example.com , with the subject title “Speech Pathologist Application for Umbo” and these documents:
• Cover letter as to why you’re a good fit
• A step by step instructional booklet on how to Zumba*
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis but close COB 31st August 2019.
*This document is not required but would greatly improve the quality of our lives.